Friday, October 1, 2010

First, an introduction is in order…

Hello fellow bloggers,

My Name is Scott, and I am a retired Senior Non-Commissioned Officer from the United States Air Force. My family and I live in rural S.E. Nebraska, which is also our original home

I have been buying, selling, collecting, trading, and customizing Collector-Quality NHL Authentic and replica jerseys since 1991. I am an NHL FREAK, and am particularly a big fan of past and present enforcers. Some of my all-time favorites include Tony (The Twister) Twist, Stu (The Grim Reaper) Grimson, and the late, great Bob Probert.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Favorite Team: New Jersey Devils!

Other teams I follow: Carolina, Chicago, San Jose, Phoenix, Nashville, St Louis, Vancouver, Minnesota, Colorado, Dallas, Montreal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I sell rare and vintage NHL jerseys here on the internet (on several different sites, to be mentioned later in this post), it is important to note that I am always happy to negotiate and / or trade with like-minded NHL fans and collectors. If you have a special request for a certain jersey, please let me know. If I can help I will. I do not deal in the newer RBK Edge, or Premiere jerseys, they are garbage! I only deal in high quality, high-end jerseys; CCM / KOHO, Pro Player, Sand Knit, Bauer, and Occasionally Starter brand. With the aforementioned in mind... If you are looking for garage-sale garbage at trailer-park prices, you came to the wrong place!!! I deal strictly in quality, not quantity...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEED CASH...??? I WILL BUY YOUR NEW OR MINT PRE-OWNED HOCKEY JERSEYS! I CAN BUY JUST ONE, OR AN ENTIRE COLLECTION! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU WISH TO SELL!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** NOTE *** I am a Timeline Authentic, and Replica NHL jersey (sweater) collector and seller. That means I do not slap "Mikita #21" or Messier #11, etc... on a Reebok jersey (Those really makes me laugh!), or slap an "08" or "09" Cup Patch on a CCM Red Wings jersey, or slap an NHL 75th Anniversary patch, 1992 Stanley Cup Finals Patch, or a Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary patch on an Air-Knit Blackhawks jersey, because they actually wore Ultrafil jerseys through the 92-93 season! Jersey sellers who do any of those things are FRAUDS, PERIOD!

But, if you absolutely insist on owning a jersey people will laugh at, there are plenty of ignorant sellers, hacks, and frauds out there (i.e. on eBay), who fake jerseys and randomly slap names, numbers, and patches on just anything thinking it will fly! They will be glad to take your money... Just ask me, and I will be happy to point a few out for you!

99.9% of the time, I buy, sell, collect, and trade Time-line Authentic jerseys! *** In the RARE event that I purchase, then list a jersey that is not 100% timeline accurate, it will be noted in detail in the listing ***. Some jerseys still have great value to die-hard fans like me!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***EBAY FRAUD ALERT*** Beware Air-Knit Blackhawks jerseys with the NHL 75th Anniversary patch, 1992 Stanley Cup Finals Patch, or Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary Patch! They are FAKE! The Blackhawks did not even start wearing Air-Knit jerseys until the 93-94 season!!! - Also beware Authentic Detroit Red Wings Yzerman jerseys that are claimed to be circa 1986... The NHL Shield was not placed on the hem of authentic jerseys until 1990!!! If you see an NHL Shield on the hem of ANY BRAND of authentic NHL jersey, that jersey was NOT made before 1990, PERIOD!!! DO NOT GET BURNED!!! If you have questions or doubts about ANY hockey jersey (replica or authentic), give me a shout, I can tell you what you are dealing with without a doubt!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links to some of my jersey sales sites (Actual jerseys for sale):
-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://goon-gear.ecrater.com/

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/goon_gear

http://www.ioffer.com/selling/goongear

www.upillar.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As one of MANY eBay refugees, (those who are sick of ever-increasing fees)... Moreover, in my case, competing against fraudulent sellers who pedal Asian-Sweatshop counterfeit hockey jerseys, and / or timeline incorrect jerseys, I have decided to strike out on my own. As part of my plan to expand my customer-base, and to make a few new friends along the way, I have decided to share my love for, and knowledge of NHL hockey jerseys (sweaters) with my readers.

As a collector of 20 years, few things ERK me more than good-natured, yet unsuspecting NHL hockey jersey buyers being taken for a ride (i.e. ripped off) by the multitude of eBay scumbag sellers out there who are only concerned about making a quick buck! That is the main reason I left feebay...

In addition to shamelessly promoting my jerseys, I will be posting jersey education tidbits and advice to combat these eBay frauds and do my part to reassure prospective jersey collectors and buyers that there are still a few trustworthy NHL jersey sellers left out there to deal with. Check back often, school (Hockey Jersey U) will soon be in session!

No comments:

Post a Comment